Albertus Magnus College Women's Basketball
Albertus Magnus (15-7, 9-5)
Johnson & Wales (15-9, 11-4)
Tuesday, Feb. 13 • 5:30 p.m. • Providence, R.I.
Albertus Magnus (15-7, 9-5)
Simmons (2-18, 2-12)
Saturday, Feb. 17 • 1 p.m. • New Haven, Conn.
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team looks to end the regular season on a high note as the Falcons prepare for two game in the week ahead. The Falcons travel to Johnson & Wales for a Tuesday evening for a GNAC clash before concluding the regular season at home against Simmons on Saturday.
SENIOR DAY – FEB. 17 VS. SIMMONS
Prior to the start of Saturday's game the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team would like to recognize the accomplishments of its two-member senior class. These two student-athletes have been key contributors to the Falcons' success during their tenure here with the squad and have helped the team improve each season.
BOLDEN BREAKS ALL-TIME SCORING RECORD
After a 27-point performance in a 60-48 road victory over Johnson & Wales, senior forward Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team, passed Lianna Carrero as the program's all-time leading scorer with 1,915 career points and counting.
ALL-TIME JOHNSON & WALES
Johnson & Wales holds a 12-11 edge over Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.
LAST TIME VS. JOHNSON & WALES
Game (1/20/18): Albertus Magnus 72 | Johnson & Wales 55 – RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game (1/14/17): Johnson & Wales 73 | Albertus Magnus 60 –RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game (1/28/17): Johnson & Wales 75 | Albertus Magnus 61 – RECAP / BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. SIMMONS
Albertus Magnus leads the all-time series against Simmons, 18-5.
SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
Saint Joseph's (Me.) 14-0 22-1
Emmanuel (Mass.) 13-1 17-6
Regis (Mass.) 11-3 14-9
Johnson & Wales (RI) 11-4 15-9
Suffolk 10-4 17-6
Albertus Magnus 9-5 15-7
Norwich 6-8 9-13
Mount Ida 6-9 13-11
St. Joseph (Conn.) 3-11 8-14
Anna Maria 3-11 4-19
Lasell 2-12 4-18
Rivier 2-12 3-16
Simmons 2-12 2-18
GNAC CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
Quarterfinals - Tuesday, February 20
Game 1: #1 vs. #8 - TBA
Game 2: #4 vs. #5 - TBA
Game 3: #3 vs. #6 - TBA
Game 4: #2 vs. #7 - TBA
Semifinals - Thursday, February 22
Game 5: #1 vs. #4 - TBA
Game 6: #3 vs. #2 - TBA
Final - Saturday, February 24
Game 7: Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner - TBA
ALBERTUS MAGNUS TEAM STATS
- averaging 71.5 points and 48.8 rebounds per game.
- shooting – 37.8% (field goal), 23.7% (three point) and 57.7% (free throw)
- assists per game – 14.4
- steals per game – 10.0
- blocks per game – 4.4
- opponents' field goal percentage – 34.9%
- opponents' three-point percentage – 26.6%
- rebound margin per game – 2.1
- Olivia Bolden
- Second the conference with 21.2 points per game.
- Leads the GNAC averaging 14.4 rebounds per game.
- Jill Johnson
- Leads the conference in steals with 3.6 steals per game.
- Leads the GNAC in total steals with 76.
- Andreah Orr
- Tied in first, along with Presley Silva, in the conference in blocks averaging 2.7 a game.
- Leads the conference in total blocks with 59.
- Albertus Magnus ended 2017 on a four-game winning streak and an overall record of 7-3 (.700).
- At home, the Falcons are 2-1.
- On the road, the Falcons are 4-1.
- The team finished the month of December with a 4-1 mark, including a conference win over Norwich back on Dec. 9.
- During the first half of the season, Albertus Magnus was averaging 73.5 points per game behind 37.4 percent shooting from the field and 22 percent shooting from behind the arc.
- The Falcons are currently averaging 47.4 rebounds, 31.2 defensive rebounds and 16.2 offensive per game, ranking them first in the league in all categories.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PICKED TO FINISH SEVENTH IN GNAC PRESEASON POLL
LINK: Complete GNAC Women's Basketball Preseason Release
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team was picked to finish seventh in the 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Preseason Poll. The Falcons earned 102 points to finish just two points behind sixth-place Norwich
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR AMC BASKETBALL GAMES
All Albertus Magnus men's & women's basketball regular-season games are subject to tickets and admission charges. Tickets are $3 for adults/senior citizens and children 12 & under (accompanied by an adult) are free. Albertus Magnus students, faculty and staff receive free admission to the event with a valid ID.
Individual season passes are also available and priced at $20. The season pass allows (1) admission to any/both men's and women's basketball regular-season games.
LAST YEAR RECAP
The women's basketball team ended the 2016-17 season with a 14-12 overall record and advanced to the GNAC Tournament as the No. 4 seed thanks to a 9-7 mark in league play. Albertus saw its season come to an end with a setback at Saint Joseph's of Maine in the GNAC Quarterfinals.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO JOIN 1,000 POINT CLUB
Former Falcon Lliz Falcigno and returning forward Olivia Bolden have joined the 1,000 point club last season. Falcigno finished her tenure with the Falcons with 1,073 points while Bolden will continue to add to her current total of 1,455.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO RECEIVE ALL-CONFERENCE HONORS
At the end of last season, Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) and Liz Falcigno (Wallingford, Conn.) both earned All-Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) honors. Bolden was named to the first team, while Falcigno landed on the second team.
SIX PLAYERS NAMED TO THE GNAC ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
The Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) announced its All-Academic Team for the 2016-17 school year. Fifty-seven student-athletes from Albertus Magnus College were among the 893 members, including Jill Johnson, Megan Thornton, Liz Falcigno, Aaliyah Bohannon, Angelina Piccirillo and Olivia Bolden.