Mansfield, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College baseball team fell on the road to in-state rival Eastern Connecticut State University, 7-1, on Thursday evening at Eastern Stadium in non-conference action.
FINAL SCORE: ECSU 7 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-10) | ECSU (9-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Eastern Connecticut got things started early scoring a run in the bottom of the first to take the early one-run edge, before pushing their lead to four, 3-1, after recording a three-run, four-hit inning in the bottom of the third.
In the top of the seventh, junior Tyriq Harris (Waterbury, Conn.) broke the Falcons' silence scoring their first run of the day on a RBI double, but it wasn't enough as the Warriors scored an additional three runs in the eighth to secure the home win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
On the Mound (G1):
- Albertus Magnus – Dan Zarnik (L, 1-2): 4.0 IP | 4 H | 4 R | 3 ER | 1 BB | 3 SO
- Albertus Magnus – Daunte Brinkley: 4.0 IP | 3 H | 3 R | 3 ER | 1 BB | 4 SO | 2 HR
- ECSU – Nicholas Kraszewski (W, 2-0) 5.0 IP | 3 H | 0 R | 0 ER | 6 BB | 5 SO
At the Plate (G1):
- The Falcons threatened every inning ultimately leaving 14 players on base.
- Junior Mike Browne (New Fairfield, Conn.) led the Falcons at the plate with a 2-for-2 showing as well as a run scored.
- Junior Justen Rodriguez (Waterbury, Conn.) also recorded a pair of hits for the Falcons.
- Jake LeFevre and Alex Parkos paced the Warriors offense with two hits apiece while Parkos collected a team-best four RBI and a run scored.
- Harris posted the solo RBI for the Falcons.
- ECSU finished the game 7-for-31 with seven RBI, two walks and seven strikeouts.
- Albertus Magnus was 7-of-33 with nine walks and eight strikeouts.
- Along with Parkos, Alexander White recorded each of the Warriors' home runs.
The Falcons return to the mound next week against Pine Manor (4/2), Mt. St. Vincent (4/4), Suffolk (4/7) and Johnson & Wales (4/8).