FINAL SCORE: Mount Ida 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
TEAM RECORD: Albertus Magnus (2-5, 0-3) | Mount Ida (9-7, 1-2)
New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's volleyball team lost in three-straight sets to GNAC foe Mount Ida College on Thursday evening at the Cosgrove Athletic Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus Magnus and Mount Ida came out firing on all cylinders battling through six ties until the Mustangs took over following a service error by the Falcons. With the score tied at 10-10, Mount Ida would close out the first set with a 15-3 run to take the early 1-0 advantage.
Mount Ida continued its momentum into the second set, opening the frame with a 17-5 lead forcing Albertus to call a timeout to regroup. The Falcons brought the score to within 10, 20-10, following a Mustang service error, but the hosts would fall 25-12.
The Mustangs opened the final set with a 6-0 run before extending their lead to nine, 11-2. With the score in favor of Mount Ida, 12-3, the Falcons rallied back to within five, 13-8, after scoring five-straight points, but Mount Ida would seal the win with a 25-12 third-set victory.
- Freshman Brian Reyes (Danbury, Conn.) led the offensive unit with four kills as well as collected six digs and three blocks.
- Brett Southworth collected a team-high nine kills while Peter Griffenkranz and Nate Gyampo added six kills apiece.
- Albertus finished the game with 12 kills, 11 assists, 13 digs and six total team blocks.
- The Mustangs collected 34 kills, 31 assists, nien service aces and four digs.
- Along with Reyes, Feliz Rivas (Danbury, Conn.) and Steven Berry (Lynbrook, N.Y.) recorded three blocks.
The Falcons return to action on March 7th against CCNY. Match is slated for 7 p.m.