Cambridge, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College women's tennis team fell to 5-6 on the season as the Falcons suffered an 8-1 setback to Lesley University on Sunday evening at the Nichols Athletic Center.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-6) | Lesley (4-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Lesley got out to a quick start, taking all three doubles matches without surrending a game. The duo of Jessica Coughlin (Durham, Conn.) and Kelsea Wildman (Hamden, Conn.) dropped a hard-fought match, 8-3, at No. 2. The Falcon tandem of Nallely Magana and Paige Williams (Orange County, Va.) suffered an 8-2 loss at No. 3, while Alicia Weaver (Bethel, Conn.) and Izzy Sabino (Cheshire, Conn.) fell at No. 1, 8-1.
In singles play, the Lynx took five of the six matches to secure the non-conference win on Senior Day. Magana recorded the Falcons' solo win in singles play as the sophomore defeated Lesley's Sara Stantno in both sets by a score of 7-6. Coughlin and Sabino also put in a strong performance for the visitors, forcing a deciding set set at No. 2 and No. 3 singles.
1. Caroline Kiddie (LU) def. Alicia Weaver (AMC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Maddie Abbott (LU) def. Jessica Coughlin (AMC) 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
3. Theresa Pereira (LU) def. Izzy Sabino (AMC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
4. Jessica Russo (LU) def. Kelsea Wildman (AMC) 6-2, 6-3
5. Nallely Magana (AMC) def. Sara Stanton (LU) 7-6, 7-6
6. Mary Pulling (LU) def. Lakhena Rath (AMC) 6-2, 7-5
1. Kiddie/Pereira (LU) def. Weaver/Sabino (AMC) 8-1
2. Abbott/Russo (LU) def. Coughlin/Wildman (AMC) 8-3
3. Stanton/Rachel Mingingham (LU) def. Magana/Paige Williams (AMC) 8-2
The Falcons returns to action on Oct. 14 against Regis (Mass.) as part of Homecoming. First serve is set for 1 p.m. at the Celentano Courts.