NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College field hockey team lost by a score of 7-0 to Elms College on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field in non-conference play.
FINAL: Elms 7 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (0-2) | Elms (1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Elms jumped out to an early 3-0 lead behind goals from Ellie Serra, Brittany North and Olivia Keane before Francesca Davitt closed out the quarter scoring her first of the game off a feed from Madison Gabel to extend the score to four.
Five minutes into the second quarter, North struck again netting her second of the game to give the Blazers a five-goal cushion heading into halftime.
Albertus came out of the break with a little pep in its step, recording three shot attempts, two of which were on goal, but solid keeper work by Elms kept the Falcons off the board.
The momentum of the game began to shift back to the Blazers as Elizabeth Collins scored at the 40th minute-mark to increase the score to 6-0. Gabel closed out the scoring at the 50th minute with her first goal of the game.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Mikayla Lyston (Medford, N.Y.) (L, 0-2): 30 Shots on Goal | 7 Goals-Against | 23 Saves
- Elms - Nora Newman (W, 1-2): 2 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 2 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Blazers outshot the Falcons, 35-3, as well as held the advantage in the penalty corners, 20-4.
- Keane and Carissa Ramirez led the visitors in shots with nine, while Serra finished with five.
- North finished the after with a team-high two goals.
- Freshman Ariana Martin (Hamden, Conn.) finished with a team-high two shots for the Falcons, while Madison Duranleau (Wheelock, Vt.) registered one.
- Lyston's 23-save performance was a new program best.
The Falcons continue their four-game homestand on Wednesday, Sept. 11 with a 4:00PM tilt against Manhattanville.