Albertus Magnus College
Women's Basketball GNAC Preview
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team has earned the No. 5 seed in the upcoming 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Tournament and will face the No. 5 seed Regis (Mass.) College in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, Feb. 20th. Tip-off is slated for 7 p.m. in Weston, Mass.
- This is the Falcons sixth-straight GNAC postseason appearance, extending their all-time total to 16.
- Albertus Magnus holds an all-time postseason record of 10-16.
- This will be the first postseason meeting between Albertus Magnus and Regis (Mass.).
- The Falcons finished the regular season with an overall record of 17-7 and a conference mark of 11-5.
- Albertus Magnus swept Johnson & Wales this season and earned its first pair of victories since 2013.
- posted a record of 5-1 in the month of February.
- six-game winning streak early in 2017.
- one 100-point game.
- 7-3 at home.
- 9-3 on the road.
- 3-1 against in-state teams.
- 17-win season pushed Coach Fredette's career-win total to 81.
GNAC TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Tuesday, February 20 - Quarterfinals
Game 1: #8 Mount Ida at #1 Saint Joseph's Maine - 5:30 PM
Game 2: #5 Albertus Magnus at #4 Regis (Mass.) - 7:00 PM
Game 3: #6 Johnson & Wales at #3 Suffolk - 7:00 PM
Game 4: #7 Norwich at #2 Emmanuel - 7:00 PM
Thursday, February 22 - Semifinals
Game 5: 4/5 winner vs 1/8 winner
Game 6: 3/6 winner vs 2/7 winner
Saturday, February 24 - Final
Game 7: Highest remaining seed
ALL-TIME VS. REGIS (MASS.)
Regis (Mass.) leads the all-time series over Albertus Magnus, 3-2.
THIS YEAR VS. REGIS (MASS.)
This season, the Falcons are 0-1 against the Pride.
Game (12/2/17): Regis (Mass.) 75 | Albertus Magnus 58 - RECAP / BOX SCORE
Quick Highlight: Freshman Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) tied her career-high in points with 12 as well as posted four blocks and six rebounds.
SCOUTING REGIS (MASS.)
- Links: ROSTER | SCHEDULE/RESULTS | STATS
- Shooting - 42.0% (field goal), 31.8% (three-point range) and 71.1% (free throw)
- Averages - 65.7 points and 42.4 rebounds a game
- Leading Scorer - Brittany Stone averages 19.8 points a game, ranking her third in the GNAC, while shooting an impressive 63.2 percent from the floor.
- Second in the Conference - 30.4 defensive rebounds and a 6.0 rebound margin.
- Third in the Conference - 14.6 assists per game.
SCOUTING ALBERTUS MAGNUS
- Averages - 71.9 points and 48.8 rebounds per game.
- Shooting – 38.2% (field goal), 24.0% (three point) and 57.8% (free throw)
- Leading Scorer - Olivia Bolden averages 21.7 points and 14.0 rebounds, ranking her first in the GNAC in both statistical categories.
- assists per game – 14.4
- steals per game – 9.9
- blocks per game – 4.3
- opponents' field goal percentage – 34.8%
- opponents' three-point percentage – 27.6%
- rebound margin per game – 2.3
- Albertus Magnus ended 2017 on a four-game winning streak and an overall record of 7-3 (.700).
- At home, the Falcons are 2-1.
- On the road, the Falcons are 4-1.
- The team finished the month of December with a 4-1 mark, including a conference win over Norwich back on Dec. 9.
- During the first half of the season, Albertus Magnus was averaging 73.5 points per game behind 37.4 percent shooting from the field and 22 percent shooting from behind the arc.
- The Falcons are currently averaging 47.4 rebounds, 31.2 defensive rebounds and 16.2 offensive per game, ranking them first in the league in all categories.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PICKED TO FINISH SEVENTH IN GNAC PRESEASON POLL
LINK: Complete GNAC Women's Basketball Preseason Release
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team was picked to finish seventh in the 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Preseason Poll. The Falcons earned 102 points to finish just two points behind sixth-place Norwich
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR AMC BASKETBALL GAMES
All Albertus Magnus men's & women's basketball regular-season games are subject to tickets and admission charges. Tickets are $3 for adults/senior citizens and children 12 & under (accompanied by an adult) are free. Albertus Magnus students, faculty and staff receive free admission to the event with a valid ID.
Individual season passes are also available and priced at $20. The season pass allows (1) admission to any/both men's and women's basketball regular-season games.
LAST YEAR RECAP
The women's basketball team ended the 2016-17 season with a 14-12 overall record and advanced to the GNAC Tournament as the No. 4 seed thanks to a 9-7 mark in league play. Albertus saw its season come to an end with a setback at Saint Joseph's of Maine in the GNAC Quarterfinals.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO JOIN 1,000 POINT CLUB
Former Falcon Lliz Falcigno and returning forward Olivia Bolden have joined the 1,000 point club last season. Falcigno finished her tenure with the Falcons with 1,073 points while Bolden will continue to add to her current total of 1,455.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO RECEIVE ALL-CONFERENCE HONORS
At the end of last season, Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) and Liz Falcigno (Wallingford, Conn.) both earned All-Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) honors. Bolden was named to the first team, while Falcigno landed on the second team.
SIX PLAYERS NAMED TO THE GNAC ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
The Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) announced its All-Academic Team for the 2016-17 school year. Fifty-seven student-athletes from Albertus Magnus College were among the 893 members, including Jill Johnson, Megan Thornton, Liz Falcigno, Aaliyah Bohannon, Angelina Piccirillo and Olivia Bolden.