Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team remains undefeated, 5-0, as the Falcons knocked off Farmingdale State University, 75-45, in non-conference action Thursday evening at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 75 | Farmingdale State 45
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-0) | Farmingdale State (0-4)
ALL-TIME RECORD: With tonight's win, Albertus is now 5-2 against Farmingdale State.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams opened the quarter with the early 6-2 lead before a short spurt, including a three from senior Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.), gave the Falcons a two-point lead, 8-6.
- Albertus would close out the first with a 16-0 run to take a commanding 24-6 lead.
- Johnson would score 10 of her 15 points in the first half.
- Farmingdale State began the second rallying off nine straight points to cut the Falcons' lead to within nine, 24-15.
- Albertus extended its lead to 20, 39-19, after ending the first half on a 15-4 run.
- The Falcons held the Rams to only seven points in the third and would lead by 30, 56-26, entering the final quarter.
- Junior Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) led the Falcons in rebounding with nine, including six defensive rebounds.
- Both teams rallied off 19-points in the fourth, but the Rams could not secure the comeback falling to the Falcons by 30, 75-45.
- Sophomore Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) posted two blocks.
- Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) - 28 points (8-14 FG, 2-5 3PT) | 3 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Rah Rah Thompson - 16 points (6-10 FG, 4-5 FT) | 22 rebounds | 1 assist | 2 steals | 3 blocks
- Jill Johnson - 15 points (8-14 FG, 2-5 3PT, 3-5 FT) | 3 assists | 2 steals
- Andreah Orr - 8 points (4-7 FG) | 9 rebounds | 1 assist | 5 blocks
- Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.) - 2 points (1-3 FG) | 7 rebounds | 7 assists | 4 steals
- Nia Miller - 11 points | 2 rebounds | 5 assists | 2 steals
- Alexis Hunter - 4 points | 18 rebounds | 4 assists
The women's basketball team returns to action on Saturday, December 1 as the Falcons travel to New Rochelle, N.Y. to face the College of New Rochelle. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m.