Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Behind a team-high 24 points from junior Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team remains undefeated at home as the Falcons topped Lasell College, 78-58, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) clash Thursday evening at "The Nest".
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 78 | Lasell College 58
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (17-2, 5-1) | Lasell (5-11, 0-4)
ALL-TIME SERIES: Albertus extends its all-time series record to 10-3 against Lasell.
- Following tonight's win, head coach JR Fredette is now one game away from earning his 100th career win.
- Albertus is now 8-0 at home.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Osmond opened the game with a short jumper to give the hosts the early edge.
- Both teams went silent for the next four minutes of play until a pair of free throws from Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) put the hosts up 4-0 with 5:16 on the clock.
- Lasell evened the score at the 3:18 mark on a deep three from Breanna Muir.
- Albertus found themselves up 13-8 following a short 5-0 spurt before heading into the second up 17-11.
- The Falcons kicked off the quarter with a 5-3 run to take an eight-point lead over Lasell.
- At the 5:15 mark, Albertus took its biggest lead of the half 29-19.
- Lasell battled back to within four on two occasions before cutting the Falcons' lead to one, 33-32, with eight seconds remaining.
- Sophomore Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.) gave the Falcons a three-point advantage, 35-32, at the half after hitting a jumper in the paint at the buzzard.
- Similar to the second quarter, Albertus started off the frame with a short spurt before finding themselves up 12, 47-35, with 4:05 remaining.
- Lasell chipped away at the double-digit lead and would head into the final 10 minutes of play down nine, 52-43.
- Albertus put the game away in the fourth as the Falcons outshot the Lasers by a 26-15 edge.
- At the 3:42 mark, Albertus registered its largest lead of the game with 22, 71-49.
- Shyla Osmond – 24 Points (11-19 FG, 1-4 3PT, 1-1 FT) |8 rebounds | 3 assists | 3 steals | 1 block
- Jill Johnson – 15 Points (4-14 FG, 0-2 3PT, 7-12 FT) | 2 rebounds | 5 assists | 3 steals
- Kristin Cunning (Hoboken, N.J.) – 15 points (5-16 FG, 3-12 3PT, 2-2 FT) | 1 rebound | 1 steal | 1 block
- Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) – 9 points (2-7 FG, 5-8 FT) | 12 rebounds | 1 steal | 2 blocks
- Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) – 5 Points (2-9 FG, 0-1 3PT, 1-4 FT) | 17 rebounds | 3 assists | 2 blocks
- Breanna Muir – 16 Points | 4 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 steal
- Amanda Ortiz – 13 Points | 9 rebounds | 3 assists | 5 steals | 1 block
- D'Asia Allen – 12 points | 2 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
Albertus continues Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Saturday, January 26 with a road showdown against Emmanuel College. Tip-off is set for 3pm in Boston, Mass.