FINAL SCORE: Norwich 18 | Albertus Magnus 6
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-8, 0-4) | Norwich (6-7, 3-2)
Northfield, Vt. – The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team lost to Norwich University by a score of 18-6 on Saturday afternoon at Sabine Field in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference showdown.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Norwich dominated in the opening half outscoring the Falcons, 11-1, heading into half time.
The Cadets scored nine straight goals over an 18-minute span before Brennan Moore (Meriden, Conn.) scored the visitors' first goal of the game after a nice feed from Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) at the 3:57 mark in the second period.
The Cadets continued to control the momentum of the game and found themselves a head 17-1 with 10:04 remaining in regulation. With the clock winding down, Albertus Magnus shifted the momentum of the game as the Falcons outscored the Cadets 5-1, but would come up short in the end.
INSIDE THE STATS
- Junior Jack Kerner (Merrick, N.Y.) earned the loss in goal for the Falcons and falls to 2-4 on the season. He recorded 11 saves on 27 shots on goal over 49 minutes of action.
- Sophomore John Brunetti (West Haven, Conn.) also saw action in net as he collected a save.
- Norwich posted a 54-20 edge in ground balls and a 22-5 edge in face off wins.
- The Cadets also outshot the Falcons 58-16.
- Albertus Magnus was 12-of-22 in clear attempts.
- Norwich was led offensively from Ian Kennedy who posted a team-high three goals while five different players added two goals apiece.
The Falcons return to action next week against Anna Maria and Emmanuel.